Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Trained By A Toddler

Isn't it funny what motivates you?

After 27(ish) years of biting my finger nails, my new motivation to quit: my 3 year old now bites his nails! How, as a mommy, do you convince your toddler to NOT take up a bad habit, that you yourself do everyday? Well, you DON'T. That said, I have been doing all that I can to NOT bite my nails.

It is strange and leaves me a bit in awe as to what a mom (or any parent really) will do for their kids. I find myself considering the moves I am about to make and think, will B do this? Do I want B to do this? If B does this, is L going to try the same thing? So, in my MommyShelle world of 2 very mobile children, I am being trained each day by THEM. Yes, I train them, but they are are re-training my thoughts and actions everyday.

So, WARNING, to you who still have cute little tiny babies that smell good, they GROW UP fast!!! And when they do, watch out, becasue it won't be long before your life takes on a new training schedule.

Trained By A Toddler,
MommyShelle C

No comments:

Post a Comment