Friday, April 22, 2011

A Case Of The #2's

So, as an oldest child, I never really got left behind or forgotten. But, I always thought that when they say the 2nd child (or any child thereafter) gets forgotten, I didn't believe it.

Well now, as a mother of two handsome little boys, I believe it.

L will be 1 on the 28th, and even as OCD and organized as I usually am, I haven't a clue what we are doing for his birthday!! B's 1st birthday had been planned carefully with lots of thought and it was ready to be at least a month in advance. Not L's though.

I haven't figured out if I am making a turtle or an elephant for the cake. We haven't bought his gifts (I am not even sure what to get him). J wants to get him a drum (YIKES!!). I however want to be sort of practical as well and get him something he needs and will use, but what??

Not to mention; we have so much going on in the next week, I am not quite sure when I will gt any of it done. We have family/ L's 1st birthday pictures tomorrow. Sunday is Easter, which is busy all on its own. Then the weekdays leave no room to breathe or anything extra. So, I guess I will go around 9:00 to go shopping for the party stuff (after J, B & L are fast asleep of course) and birthday presents.

Not that I am complaining, just venting. I LOVE my life and wouldn't trade it for anything. I am so thankful that God has blessed me with J & those sweet little boys. I am thankful for the crazy and the busy. But most of all, I am thankful that he died for me. So, in this Easter season, I am trying to be more thankful. I am trying to focus more on the blessing and less on the stuff that is meant to get under my skin.

So until next time, in which I will try to post a new picture of us in the aforementioned matching Easter garb, have a great weekend!

MommyShelle C

No comments:

Post a Comment