Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Thoughts of Easter

Does the Easter Bunny come to your house?
Do you & your kids all get new Easter clothes so you will look just right for church & family pictures?
Well we do at our house.

But Stop!
Do you stop to think about a few of the most important events in history? They all happened this week. If it hadn't been for them, where would we be?

I have been thinking a lot about this since it was mentioned in church on Sunday. I, for one, am guilty in getting caught up in the vibe of Easter that I forget to stop and remeber the MEANING of Easter.

God, chose his Son, Jesus, to die for us! STOP...think...reflect
What does that mean to you.

That means that I am completely unworthy for what I have and therefore need to be eternally grateful for what he has done. He died for us and then he rose again.

My 3 year old is in my Sunday School (3 & 4 yr olds) class? This month is all about 'Jesus is Alive!'
As a very curious 3 year old, he is always asking about Jesus dying on the cross and the thorns on his head and why he died. He knows the story: Jesus died for our sins.
"But what does that mean mommy?" "Well, honey...(how do I answer this)???"

Isn't it amazing that kids will ask the questions that we should be asking?

So I leave you with these words from Matthew 28:
5And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified.
   6He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
   7And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you.

JESUS IS ALIVE!

Rejoice and be glad in it and tell everyone you know.

MommyShelle C

No comments:

Post a Comment