Saturday, June 4, 2011

Aprons

So Tuesday night after the kids were in bed, i decided I was going to do something for myself that I have wanted to do for quite some time now...make myself an apron.

A couple of months ago I had decided to make myself (or actually have Mom make me) a new quilt for our bedroom. I wanted to keep the chocolate brown, but change out the aqua for yellow. It would brighten the space, but I would be able to keep the beautiful curtains my Mom made me last year for Christmas. (Thanks again for helping us get rid of those blue towels & the neighborhood thanks you too!!)
But, much to my dismay, yellow is not an 'in' color this season and is very very hard to find (unless I am looking for more of a goldenrod color).
So, I went downstairs, found the fabrics I had already collected, and made my self an apron.

This is what I came up with for myself.

So then, B tried to put it on (after J laughed his hind-end off at me with it on) and got it all tangled up and upside down. He asked if he could cook in my apron, which is quite obviously too big for him. I then decided to make B his very own cooking apron. 

We went to Wal-Mart and he picked out the colors he wanted & the ribbon too.

J doesn't really like the apron & thinks it looks girly, but B loves it! I think we will have to make cookies tomorrow so we can both try out the new aprons.

What do you think of this little master piece??

Until next time,
Holly Homemaker aka MommyShelle C

No comments:

Post a Comment