Thursday, May 19, 2011

Surgery

As a relatively healthy person in life, it is hard for me to imagine going into surgery. The only reason I have ever been to a doctor for something other than a cold or a check-up was when I broke my foot & the two times I had children.
Well, my 1 year old will have me beat as of 7:00 AM tomorrow morning. He is having tubes put in his ears. Now, as a well informed parent, I know that this is minor and vertually not even surgery. It is a 20 minute out-paitent procedure. Well, the Mommy in me, thinks this is the most horrible thing ever. (Slightly over dramatic; ya think??)
L has had 7 ear infections in 4 months and the fluid in his ears hasn't actually ever drained out in that time. The infection goes away, but the fluid does NOT! the tubes he is having done tomorrow will allow his ears to drain properrly and should in fact also take care of the chronic ear infections of the last 4 months of his short little life. I am scared for him and his brief period of time away from me, but I am so thankful that in less than 12 hours, I will have a happier baby.

Dearest Lord, I pray your comfort and healing over Baby L tomorrow morning as he has this procedure done. I pray for an easy recovery and easier time of things. Bless him Lord and protect his tiny body with your mighty hands. In Your mighty name I pray. Amen.

MommyShelle C

No comments:

Post a Comment