Thursday, July 24, 2014

The Great Downhill Slide

20 days until school starts back...

That leaves 20 days to get all of the school supplies bought (I have a cheat on this: my mom buys the basics and I take care of the stuff they actually care about)

That leaves 20 days to get hair cuts, a few new clothes and shoes purchased and my mind wrapped around both boys going to school everyday

That leaves 20 days for me to cram in a few more trips to the park for picnics and playtime, at least one more trip to the local State Park for fish feeding and hopefully a couple of good day trips

That leaves 5 more days until our friends say good-bye and move to Kentucky

That left tonight for the last night of our VBS for the summer. We have an ice cream/ movie night tomorrow and that will be interesting to say the least.....

And all of this has left me to wonder (for the last couple of days); what am I going to do with all my time this school year??

I am going to miss lunches with L when he insists on PB&J and orange slices everyday.
I am going to miss my baby snuggles and a built in reason to take a nap most days.
I am going to miss L looking up at me and saying; "Mommy, will you sweep wiff me for all the minutes of my nap?" "Mommy, will you rub my eyes/ back?" "Mommy, please hold me while I fall asweep."
I am going to miss his enthusiasm for helping me clean the house.
I am going to miss the trips to the library for story time.
I am going to miss my babies!!

Ok, enough emotional non-sense for today.
MommyShelle


No comments:

Post a Comment