Thursday, July 28, 2011

Season's of Life

Summer: The Hot Seat

So it is Thursday night and I have been on my way to unemployment for 96 hours. Monday, I finally gained the strength to do what I had been talking about for months: quit my job.
I don't mean, quit as in, I hated my job and never wanted to go back. I mean, quit my job, in a "we can't afford this daycare" anymore. While I LOVE the daycare that B & L go to, they are a Christian daycare/ preschool with a super awesome staff, I was basically working to pay daycare and buy a few groceries each month.
With me stating home, I am planning on watching a few kids, enjoying my kids, and being a better wife. There are so many areas that I need to improve on, but I can't do them while being stressed out over money.

Fall: A Period of Cooling Off

The next step, after we get back from a few days of a much needed vacation, will be finding those kids and getting into the swing of things. B will be starting 3 year old preschool at the end of August and L is 15 months old today! He is moving all of the place a hopefully just a few weeks from walking. I am actually going to get to see his first steps this way. I am ready to be that kind of mom.
This all came to me in sort of a God moment. Never in my life have I considered being a stay-at-home-mom (SAHM). So for me to undergo this renovation of life, God had to be the center of it all.
Well, here I am God! Take me, mold me, use me...

So I will keep you posted on the unraveling of the days to come and in the mean time, say a little prayer for me, but most of all the boys. After all, this will be a huge change for them as well.

Hot & Humid in MO,
MommyShelle C

No comments:

Post a Comment